Occupational Health Practice Nurse
My client is looking to recruit 3 x Occupational Health Practice Nurses to work 3 or 4 days a week on a permanent basis in the Reading area. The role will involve shift work including early start and late finishes. The remit includes:
– Provide a treatment service and emergency response service.
– Deliver Lifestyle screening and health promotion.
– Maintain safe and competent practice.
– Work under the guidance of established protocols and procedures.
– Participate in on call rota and working a shift pattern with occasional weekends
– To participate in providing a minor treatment service to all personnel within the Occupational Health Centres
– Assessment and treatment of minor injuries/illness
– Examination and consultation
– To participate in providing an emergency response service to sites
– Undertake Drug and Alcohol testing, maintaining chain of custody, in accordance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy
– Responsible in planning and delivering health promotion activities either on a one to one basis or groups or campaigns, including lifestyle screening /advice
– This post requires the post holder to wear a full-face respirator. The fitness standards for wearing a full-face respirator are a BMI of 35 or below. This post is subject to regular fitness for work assessments for respirator use.
– Conducting patient consultations, performing clinical measurements and computer related tasks.
– Practice nurses are also required to respond to on-site medical emergencies which is an essential part of their role.
– Practice Nurses are also expected to take part in on-call duties in order to respond to on-site emergencies after hours. Shift working, on a rota, will be part of this role covering clinics between the hours of 6am – 11 pm.
– Clinical Assessment Required to include: Height, Weight, BMI, Blood pressure, pulse, General Health Assessment – Review of Pre placement questionnaire, 10 Panel Drug test and Alcohol breathalyser test, Urinalysis and Immunisation checks and take bloods
To apply for this role you will need to be a First level RN – On Part 1 of NMC register and have 2 years + post registration experience, be able to carry out venepuncture, ECG and have previous experience in Health Promotion. You will need to be a Car owner /driver and have previous Practice nurse/ occupational health setting / minor injuries setting
Salary: up to £32,000 pro rata