Occupational Health Clinical Lead – Home based – with travel
Location: Homebased, Homebased
Salary: £42000 – £50000
Occupational Health Staffing are looking to recruit a Senior OH Professional who is looking for a new and different role on a fixed term 12-month contract working 4 or 5 days a week. The Job Holder will be employed by a leading health care provider and work specifically with one their high profile clients using their clinical expertise and knowledge to manage and support the strategy, policy and delivery of a number of key OH and immunisations operations and activities
The Job Holder will be a clear and confident communicator (both oral, written and in delivering presentations), and will use their OH qualification to lead on the management of OH policy, strategy and implementation of clinical standards and can prove the ability to apply these skills at a national strategic level
Main Duties and Responsibilities
– Lead on the development and reviews of OH related protocols and policies.
– Analyse and evaluate OH and highlight trends to Head of OH and EAP and develop proposals to achieve strategic objectives.
– Deputising for the Head of OH and EAP at meetings involving OH matters
– Drafting responses to Parliamentary Questions, Freedom of Information requests and other Official Correspondence when there is an OH policy or clinical/staff health angle.
– Drafting and disseminating OH related communications and guidance products through internal channels for managers and employees
The role presents a unique opportunity for the applicant who has a strong ambition to develop their OH policy and strategy skills to innovate and to explore ways to transform OH nationally within the service.
It is desirable for the applicant to have completed at least 2 years of post-RN qualification nursing practice in any discipline, including experience in sickness absence case management, pre-employment screening, health surveillance, designing and delivering presentations, immunisations and infectious disease outbreak management.
You will need to: –
– Be a self-starter and have strong intuition and organisational skills
– Recognise problems and find solutions
– Have excellent verbal and written communication at a multidisciplinary level
– Have a team-oriented approach
The job Holder must be an Occupational Health Nurse with a valid registration on the NMC register as a specialist community public health nurse and they must hold an OH certificate, Diploma, or degree qualification.
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 pro-rata