Occupational Health Advisor in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East England
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
Occupational Health Staffing are looking to recruit an occupational health advisor to work in Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear on a full time permanent basis on behalf of a health care provider. The successful applicant will be required to work Monday-Friday, between the hours of 8.00am and 4.00pm. The successful individual will be the sole practitioner on site but line managing 2 small sites and 3 staff members. This role will involve a range of activities including travel health assessments, case management and health surveillance and fitness medicals.
This is a great opportunity for a qualified individual to expand their skills and experience in a supportive team environment.
• To provide expert, evidence based case management services for referrals relating to attendance, fitness for work and other requests for OH advice.
• Provide professional, comprehensive and evidence based written reports
• Provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to OH
• To evaluate the results of medicals and surveillance provided, and ensure that the correct advice in relation to fitness is communicated, escalating where clinically appropriate
• To provide (where competent) other OH services where required such as vaccinations, travel health services, ergonomic advice, or health promotion for our clients
• To provide clinical supervision and support other team members where relevant (such as OH Technicians)
• You should be proficient in the provision of:
• General Medicals
• Drug and Alcohol screening
• Case Management
• Fitness for role assessment
To apply you will be an RGN with a Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health Degree/Diploma