Band 6 Occupational Therapist in Erith, Chingford & Waltham Abbey
Location: Chingford, London
Salary: £36000 – £40000
Occupational Health Staffing is looking to recruit a Senior Occupational Therapist to work on a full time permanent basis (40 hours a week but flexible to work this over 4 or 5 days a week) on sites based in Erith, Chingford & Waltham Abbey. The OT is responsible for the delivery of effective Occupational Therapy services across multiple sites for adults residing in community rehabilitation units who present with learning disabilities and complex needs.
The Occupational Therapist (Band 6) will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as an autonomous professional undertaking the following duties:-
– To provide specialised client-centred occupational therapy intervention to clients (aged 16 or over) who are resident in the community and are referred due to complex needs. This includes clients who may present with complex physical, cognitive, psychosocial and emotional needs due to pre-existing complex Learning disability and Autism backgrounds.
– To receive delegated referrals from Lead OT, independently manage and prioritise that case load.
– To work autonomously and independently with access to sessional, clinical supervision.
– To devise, implement and evaluate treatment programmes.
– To complete comprehensive assessments of clients, using clinical reasoning to select appropriate assessment techniques which lead you to identify the client’s strengths and needs. This will involve seeking and sharing personal and potentially sensitive information with the client.
– To agree appropriate and realistic goals for treatment with the client and so produce a comprehensive treatment plan in order to achieve these goals.
– You will have a minimum of 12 months postgraduate OT clinical experience.
– A Degree in Occupational Therapy.
– HCPC Registration.
– Member of the British Association of Occupational Therapy.
Salary: £36000 – £40000 + Travel expenses (car or train), 33 days annual leave inclusive Bank Holidays, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and contribution pension fund