2 x Construction Site Nurses
My client are looking to recruit 2 x Construction Site Nurses to work on a part time permanent basis working 3 days/week Weekdays – (Hours are 07.30hrs to 17.15hrs Mon to Thursday and 07.30hrs to 16.00hrs Friday) in Reading. The post holder will work as part of the Construction Nurse team, responsible for providing a high quality, customer focused, clinical service to customers.
– Assessment and treatment of major and minor injuries/ illness
– Examination and consultation
– Referral onto NHS services as required First aid
– Clinical Review for returning to work
– Control and command of medical situation
– Stabilisation and maintenance of serious /major injuries until the arrival of SCAS ambulance services
– Liaise with local NHS services to ensure referrals are prompt and appropriate to the clinical need
– Provide clear protocols in the triage, treatment of injuries and onward referral, as appropriate
– Health Promotion activities to promote good general health /lifestyle either on a one to one basis or groups or campaigns
– Participate in the delivery of pre-placement assessments for construction workers
– Undertake Drug and Alcohol testing, maintaining chain of custody, in accordance with the Drug and Alcohol Policy
To apply for this role you will need to be a registered nurse with previous practice nurse, intensive care or accident and emergency nurse experience. You will need to have up to date certificates for Basic life support and Defib. You will need to go through a security clearance process if offered the role. You will need to be able to work autonomously and be able to undertake your own clinical decisions. You will need to be a car owner/driver.
Salary: £28K – £32K