Occupational Health Advisor, St Ives, Cambridge + Local travel
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Occupational Health Staffing are looking to recruit an Occupational Health Advisor on a Full Time Permanent – 5 days a week in St Ives, Cambridge + Local travel
Working as part of a team of 4 people you will be reporting to the head of OH and:-
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Occupational Health Unit
- Work closely with the Mental Health and Wellbeing Advisor and the Fitness Advisor to ensure excellent service provision
- Responsible for the management of the Occupational Health Screening Nurse, Occupational Health Support Assistant and the locum OH Doctor.
- Provide appropriate health surveillance on a risk based approach;
- Assist the Occupational Health Doctor (OHD) with a range of initial pre-employment and fitness for work assessments
- To give advice and support in relation to sickness, alcohol and drug abuse, posttraumatic stress, health, smoking cessation
- Monitor and review sickness absence, making recommendations to management in order that remedial action can be taken on a group / section basis
To Apply you will be on part 1 of the NMC Register and hold a qualification within Occupational Health to post graduate Diploma or Degree level.
With experience of managing case work – giving appropriate medical opinion/advice in the rehabilitation of individuals during and / or following sickness absence so that appropriate action can be taken to facilitate an early return to work.