Head of Occupational Health Salisbury, Wiltshire
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire
Salary: £54,764 - £63,862 + 27 days plus Bank Holidays, Good Pension, Life assurance
Occupational Health Staffing are looking to recruit a Head of Occupational Health in Salisbury, Wiltshire on a Full Time Permanent basis. The role will be to safeguard employee’s health from risks arising from their work and working environment and to promote, maintain and improve the health of employees and workers across the organisation.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will lead and oversee the delivery of high quality occupational health services. You will be able to provide clinical leadership, development and supervision of the occupational health team. The role can potentially be remote/home based for 1 or 2 days a week and may involve some travel to other sites across the region.
- Develop and implement an Occupational Health Strategy, reviewing the current service with recommendations for improvements and an indicative implementation plan with measurable benefits.
- Lead and develop a proactive Occupational health Service and team ensuring a high-quality service to all staff
- Build and encourage collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including within People Services
- Interpret legislation and National Occupational Health guidance in order to develop, and implement Occupational Health policies, procedures and systems.
- Provide expert specialist advice and guidance in Occupational Health matters to senior managers, departments and employees
- Ensure Occupational Health services are managed and delivered in line with targets, improving value for money and ensuring continued service development including:
- Deliver a strategic approach to Occupational Health reporting on KPIs including services and usage, trends in referrals, clinical risk management, hazards in the working environment, health surveillance for “at risk” personnel and costs together with recommendations for improvement or immediate actions required.
- Registered Nurse, or experienced healthcare manager
- Management experience of running a department or function for at least five years cumulative
- Occupational health qualification
- Experience of developing Strategy and managing elements of an OH service working to a budget
- Extensive experience in Occupational health matters as a manager or clinician
Salary: £54,764 – £63,862 + 27 days plus Bank Holidays, Good Pension, Life assurance